Sunday, February 5, 2012

Klimt's the Kiss- Inspiration


One of my all time favorite paintings is Gustav Klimt's The Kiss. I love how emotion and passion radiate from the painting. This painting has become iconic in the Art World.
Currently, I am working on a series that re-interprets famous master works through make-up. I decided to try my hand at this one.
I wish I could say it went amazing but it really didn't. I am definitely new to the game. And right now it's up to me not only to do the make-up but to do wardrobe, pose my models and photograph my work- which I really have no business doing. I think the biggest problem is the fact I completely overlooked wardrobe. This painting is more than just about the face. I am running into the dilemma of- I want to go beyond painting the face. This may seem silly to a lot of people but there is the question of modesty for me. I wanted to do the shoulders, the chest...almost everywhere. This really doesn't work on models who aren't really models. So, I stuck with the head, neck and shoulders. If anything it was a GREAT learning experience. My model, Clouse is absolutely fantastic to work with! Not only that but she has this beauty that translates incredibly well on camera.
As far as the face is concerned, it's flawless. I think the airbrushing turned out really amazing. Overall, I am pretty happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment