Sunday, February 5, 2012

Inspiration

I have been painting like crazy lately. I got my first airbrush machine last month and haven't been able to put it down. It's amazing! Before I get to ahead of myself some of you might need some background information on what exactly it is I am talking about. Since high school I have been madly in love with creating things. It all started in my first Art class freshman year. Which, I was required to take in order to graduate. Turned out I possessed a little bit of talent, not much, but what I lacked in raw talent I made up in pure determination. I worked hard until I became a top dog. This continued in college as I majored in art. Painting was who I was. I went through serious artist block and bounced around from major. In the midst of this I began face-painting as a way to bring in a little bit of extra money and fell in love. It became my art. Now, before you dismiss me as tacky, don't I'm different than any other 'face-painter' you will ever encounter. My love for face painting is now translating into a career in make-up artistry. I am developing a portfolio in hopes to go to a top make-up artistry school. I hope to do make-up for fashion, film and movies. I really want to do it all. This blog is so I may exhibit my work and give some explanation of that particular creative process as well explain the inspiration behind it.

No comments:

Post a Comment