Sunday, February 5, 2012

Fly Away



I love this hymn remade by JJ Heller. "Stars call me closer, the earth is dragging me down. I want to be more than hungry. I want to live somewhere other than this old gray town. I want to fly away far beyond my cage. Where I hear freedom singing. You are telling me again there's no door to keep me in. I hear freedom singing. I want to fly away. Far beyond my cage where I hear freedom singing." I really just love this song. My soul resonates with this song. I am really into this idea of being caged versus this idea of being free. With that comes my inspiration of birds. I especially love the color pallet the bring and variety.
I had the opportunity to play with this idea a little bit on a model I worked with last week, Marjorie. I played with detailing which I believe turned out really beautiful. I learned a lot especially when it comes to how important properly lighting the eyes really is. I went to dark around the eyes and then tried to compensate but it was too late. For me the best part was the feather detail on the neck. She was perfect for this shoot! I can't wait to play with this idea again!

No comments:

Post a Comment